Downtown Visioning Summit
The City of Morgan Hill would like to invite the community to a Downtown Visioning Summit. This event will bring together some private investors that have been investing into our community, as well as public leaders to start an open discussion about a Vision for Downtown Morgan Hill.
To kick start the event we will be hearing from a panel of individuals who have current developments in Morgan Hill. The second panel will be compiled of individuals effecting the public realm in our community. We would like to create a warm environment for our speakers to engage the community as well as spark interest and ideas from the audience on the future of Downtown Morgan Hill.
Afternoon Session: 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Panel #1: Future of Downtown Morgan Hill
- Frank Lèal, Lèal Vineyards-Boutique Hotel and Theater
- Ken Rodrigues, Rodrigues/Imwalle-12,200 SF Retail Project
- Lesley Miles, Granary District-16-Unit Mixed Use Housing Project
- Dan McCranie, Golden Quail LLC--12,000 SF Mixed Use Office/Retail Project
Panel #2: The Public Realm --Creating Livable and Exciting places through Public Spaces, Transportation and Art
- Gordon Huether, Huether Studios, Public Art
- Chris Ghione, City of Morgan Hill, Parks, Trails and Open Spaces in Downtown
- Michael Mulcahy, SDS NexGen Parters, Business District Strategies
- Timothy Rood, CD+A, Connectivity to create livable communities
Participants are encouraged to provide feedback at any of the breakout tables towards the back of the room. This is the perfect chance for you to tell us your opinions on topics like biking, parks and new development.
Development Opportunity Tour (Walking) 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Join us for a walking tour of upcoming development sites and learn about future housing and retail development opportunities.
Hosted Reception 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm
A hosted reception immediately following the Downtown Walking Tour at the new pop-up park on the corner of 2nd and Monterey Road.
Evening Session : 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Same as Afternoon Session noted above.
Thursday, June 30, 2016
- Afternoon Session: 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Development Opportunity Tour (Walking) 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Hosted Reception at Pop-up Park 4:30 pm to 5:45 pm
- Evening Session: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, Hiram Room
17000 Monterey Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Panel #1: Downtown Projects
- 2nd and Monterey (pdf)
- Granada Theater and Hotel (pdf)
- 3rd Street and Monterey (pdf)
- Barley Place (pdf)
Panel #2: Public Realm
2016 Event Program (pdf)
Downtown Projects in Pipeline Map (pdf)
Downtown Development Opportunities Map (pdf)
Development Opportunities in Morgan Hill-November 2016 (pdf)