2021 Housing Conversation
The City of Morgan Hill's Housing Workshops
The workshop series covers a roadmap of housing in Morgan Hill, how we got here, and the future of housing for current and future residents. We will share the what, why, and how housing will change per State law and hear your thoughts on creating the best version of Morgan Hill for the future.
Previous meetings and reference materials are listed further below.
Upcoming virtual community workshops, held at 5:30 p.m. before the City Council meetings
- Housing and Long-term Sustainability - Wednesday, June 23rd
Participate in any of the virtual meetings at https://bit.ly/MHCityCouncilMeeting or call 669-900-9128, then enter the webinar id: 873 3200 8380#. Public comment may be provided in the following ways:
- Join the virtual meeting via the link above, when public comment is opened, raise your virtual hand and be called upon to speak for up to 3 minutes - In order to speak, please be sure that your version of Zoom is up to date
- Join the virtual meeting by calling the number above, dial *9 to raise your virtual hand, and be called upon to speak for up to 3 minutes
- Send public comments in writing to the City Clerk at email@example.com
What Does Affordable Housing Really Mean?
Previous Housing Workshops & Meetings
Affordable Housing 101 in Spanish with English Translation
Virtual Event, Tuesday, May 18
Community Workshop: All things Housing - Wednesday, May 19
- Cities must create Housing Elements as a part of their overall General Plan for the future of the City. Bay Area cities are beginning the process of creating their Housing Elements for the next cycle. This workshop will include discussions about zoning, development rights, current housing projects update, and Morgan Hill's housing inventory make-up.
- May 19, 2021, Housing Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- May 19, 2021, All Thing Housing Workshop Video (YouTube)
All things Housing - In-person, May 22, 9:00 a.m. to noon
- Third Street, near front of the parking garage
Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias En Espanol - May 23
Introducción básica a la vivienda asequible! Aprender mas sobre:
- Vivienda asequible. ¿Que es?
- Que tiene que hacer para solicitar una vivienda asequible.
- Recursos disponibles para información y asistencia.
- May 23, 2021, Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias Workshop Video (YouTube)
- May 23, 2021, Hablando Vivienda con Nuestras Familias Workshop Presentation (PDF)
A Model for Agricultural Workforce Housing in South County
Friday, May 28 at 10:00 a.m.
This event is hosted by the City as part of Affordable Housing Month 2021.
South County farms and agriculture workers feed Santa Clara County and housing is a critical and basic need. This population often gets overlooked and its contribution to our communities is essential.
Join this panel of stakeholders to discuss the importance of working towards meeting this need and a model for building agriculture workforce housing in South County. Rebecca Garcia, Morgan Hill Housing; Robert Rivas, Assembly Member District 30; David Cox, Saint Josephs in Gilroy; Micahel Meehan, Santa Clara County Planning
- Helena Roberts, Santa Clara County Division of Agricultural
- Sergio Salazar, Valley Homeless Healthcare Program
- John Bigley, UHC Communities
- Consuelo Hernandez, Santa Clara County Office of Supportive Housing
Community Workshop - State Mandates for Housing Production
Wednesday, June 2, City Council Meeting
- What is the Housing Element and Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA)
- What are the recent laws that affect housing production, application processing, and the City
Town Hall - Creating Inclusive Communities through Design Form
Thursday, June 10 at 5:30 p.m.
- Virtual meeting recorded session (YouTube)
- Presentation: Design and Inclusive Communities
- Presentation: Community Design
Community Workshop - Housing Affordability
Wednesday, June 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- Housing Affordability Workshop Presentation (PDF)
- Virtual meeting recorded session (YouTube) coming soon