Passport Services


City Clerk staff is ready to assist you with your passport forms, photos, and expedited services. This makes the City of Morgan Hill a 1-stop Passport Processing Center.
  • View information on fees.
  • View information on renewals.
  • For more information, contact the City Clerk's office at 408-779-7259.

We are located at 17575 Peak Avenue, Morgan Hill, CA 95037

 Hours of Service

  • Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12 noon -4 p.m.  By appointment only - no exceptions
  • There are no passport services on city holidays and furloughs

Upcoming Holidays & Furloughs


  • January 18, 2016 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
  • February 15, 2016 President's Day
  • March 31, 2016 Cesar Chavez Day
  • May 30, 2016 Memorial Day
  • July 4, 2016 Independence Day
  • September 5, 2016 Labor Day
  • November 24 and 25, 2016 Thanksgiving
  • December 23, 2016 through January 2, 2017 City Holiday Furlough

Documents Required

Passport Application

  • Available at the City Clerk's Office
  • From the U.S. Department of State's passport website
  • Please remember to fill out the application in black ink only

Evidence of US Citizenship

  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate
  • Previous U.S. passport (see below for requirements for minors under 16)
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Note: Photocopies are not accepted as proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • For Minors under Age 16: Proof of citizenship and proof of relationship between parent(s) and child must be established. Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the parent(s) or guardian(s). Please bring in the child’s previous passport as well as the original birth certificate. See the U.S. Department of State's website for further information on proof of relationship.

Valid Identification

  • Valid undamaged U.S. Passport 
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Valid Drivers License
  • Current Government ID (City, State, or Federal)
  • Current Military ID (Military and Dependents)
  • Minors under 16: Please bring school identification with photo, if possible

Passport Photos

  • Photo service is available at the City Clerk's office ($10 per person), or
  • Bring two identical color passport photos, 2x2 inches in size, taken within the past 6 months
  • Please check the U.S. Department of State website for further requirements.

Helpful Instructions

  • Both parents must appear and present evidence that they are the child’s parents or legal guardians for a minor under 16 years of age. Please see the U.S. Department of State website for more specifics on applying for passports for children under the age of 16.
  • All applicants must be present.
  • Tracking the status of your application: You can check the status of your application online.
  • The Passport Card is valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Mexico, Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean only. The card is not valid for air travel.
  • Please note that other documentation may be required. For additional passport information, visit the U.S. Department of State.

 For more information, contact the City Clerk's office at 408-779-7259.