Library, Culture & Arts Commission
The Library, Culture and Arts Commission is a 7-member, volunteer body appointed by the City Council. The group provides advice, recommendations, and plans, as well as executes programs for a range of community initiatives. Examples of responsibilities and commitments include, but are not limited to
- Advising on the adequacy of library facilities
- Serving as a liaison between the city and the Santa Clara County Library
- Consulting with private community groups supportive of library and arts programs
- Arranging city sponsored artistic and performance opportunities
- Stimulating community involvement in the arts
- Reviewing and recommending works of art to be acquired by the city or installed on public property.
The commission wants to hear from you about how local authorities can best support local arts.
Call for Artists - Utility Box Art Program Phase 2
The City of Morgan Hill and the Library Culture and Art Commission are seeking local artists to submit their designs for original art interpreting an uplifting and inspirational message. Artists will be required to come up with both the message and art. Call for Artists - Utility Box Art Program Phase 2 Information.
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Date: First Tuesday of every month
- Place: Morgan Hill City Council Chamber
- Open to the public
- Brigitte Crawford - Term expires April 2020
- Bob Benich - Term expires April 2020
- Jake Thompson - Term expires April 2021
- Katie Khera - Term expires April 2021
- Paul Lake - Term expires April 2020
- Poonam Chabra - Term expires April 2021
- Suman Ganapathy - Term expires April 2021
- Call for Artists - Utility Box Art Program Phase 2
- LCAC GoFundMe Campaign Invites Community to Support Completion, Installation of Tara Romero Memorial Sculpture
- Read more about the LCAC’s campaign (PDF)
- - Normally in mid/late April at the Community and Cultural Center. More info available soon.
- Support the "Let’s Look at Art Program" by the San Jose Museum of Art. Volunteers needed.
Public Art Catalog
Policies & Procedures
- Arts and Culture in Morgan Hill (PDF)
- Funding of Community Culture and Arts Projects (PDF)
- Temporary Art Exhibits At City Facilities (PDF)
- City’s Permanent Art Collections (PDF)
- Community Partnerships (PDF)
Commissioners’ Reference Material
- Welcome Letter (PDF)
- Municipal Code Establishing LCAC (PDF)
- Ethics Policy and Brown Act (PDF)
- LCAC/PRC Roles and Responsibilities
- City Policies Regarding Selection of Chair and Vice Chair (PDF)
- Policies and Procedures
- Current Work Plan
- Public Art Proposals
- Peace Pole Project
- Tara Romero Statue
For more information about this Commission, please contact City Staff Liaison: Chris Ghione.