The Housing Services Division is responsible for and committed to preserving affordable housing in our community.
There are more than 500 homes in the Below Market Rate (BMR) program and new units are added annually. If interested in purchasing a home, please choose the "Housing Ownership" link to left or the city’s dedicated BMR website that is operated in partnership with HouseKeys.
If interested in affordable apartment or home rental, please see our Housing Resources Guide(s) and BMR rental list below. Both lists are updated annually or as new projects/homes are added or removed from the program.
- Housing Resources Guide (PDF)
- Housing Resource Guide - Spanish (PDF)
- BMR Rental Housing List (PDF)
- UPDATED! Morgan Ranch BMR Apartment Rentals (PDF)
- UPDATED! Morgan Ranch BMR Apartment Rentals - Spanish (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Rental Assistance (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Community Resource Guide (PDF)
- Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Dept. Resources (PDF)
For maximum income, rent limits, and utility allowance, please see below. Note: Usually updated by the State of CA every April, but occasionally at a later date.
- HCD 2020 Maximum Income and Rent Limits (PDF)
- HCD 2020 Maximum Income and Rent Limits - Spanish (PDF)
- 2020/2021 Utility Allowance for Santa Clara County (PDF)
- State Income Limits for 2020 (PDF)
Housing Successor Agency Annual Reports
This document reports on housing successor finances and activities as required by law.
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2013-14 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2014-15 and 2015-2016 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Housing Successor Agency Report FY 2018-2019 (PDF)
New State Housing Law (SB 330) permits all housing and will suspend the Morgan Hill voter approved growth control system beginning January 1, 2020.