You Can Save Energy
Saving energy is one of the most important ways local residents can protect the environment and protect their pocketbooks. Learn more about saving energy:
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Network of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Buying Guide to the cleanest, most efficient cars on the market
- Energy Upgrade California - The Bay Area Regional Energy Network (BayREN) now offers new programs and rebates for single family homeowners in the Bay Area who make energy-efficient home improvements. Eligible home improvements include windows, cooling systems, water systems, duct sealing/replacement, whole building air sealing, attic insulation, and more. Homeowners can receive up to $4,500 in rebates for making your home more energy-efficient. For more information, please call a Home Upgrade Advisor at 866-878-6008 or visit the website to learn more. The site also features a list of participating contractors in the Bay Area. Homeowners who are ready to begin their upgrade can contact a participating contractor directly.
HomeIntel is a new and free energy efficiency service from Home Energy Analytics that helps you save money on your utility bill. You will receive an online analysis of your home's energy use based on smart meter data and custom recommendations to save money. The program is available for free to all Morgan Hill residents who have more than 12 months of usage data and no solar panels. Here's what you get:
- the smart audit utilizes meter data to pinpoint areas of energy waste
- Home Energy Profile monitors your usage by category over time
- Savings Plan quantifies impact of each recommendation
- Monthly Energy Reports provide you with feedback and next steps
- An Energy Coach helps you implement your Savings Plan
- Like an investment advisor, but without the fees and risk
- 100% alignment around saving you energy and money