El Toro Trail
Project Goals & Objectives
Proposed El Toro Trail - OSA Trail (Blue) / City Trail (Orange) Provide a non-paved public trail, meeting City Trail Study guidelines, to the top of El Toro Mountain.
The City is partnering with the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority on developing access to the El Toro Mountain. Future community meeting information will be updated on this website when scheduled.
The OSA has acquired lands to the south of El Toro Mountain and intends to provide a trail on that property. The city owns the east face of El Toro and a trail could be built to the summit. However, the city and the OSA agree that a better option would be to construct a trail (Orange) on the back side of El Toro. This would require the purchase of private property from willing sellers.
The City has also supported the OSA in purchasing property for future trail use near the West end of Main Avenue, Via Grande Avene and Alkire Avenue. The development of this property is not planned in the immediate future, as the planning process is envisioned to occur over several years in conjunction with the planned Southern access.
Past Meeting Information
City Council Meeting- December 7, 2016
Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting- November 15, 2016
City Council Meeting - February 4, 2015
Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting - September 4, 2014
- Access Strategy Meeting September 4, 2014 at 7 p.m. at City Council Chambers
- Video of September 4, 2014 PRC El Toro Trail Access Strategy Workshop
- June 2, 2012 - Meeting Outline / Agenda (PDF)
- June 2, 2012 - Meeting Exhibits (Conceptual Trail Alignments) (PDF)
- June 2, 2012 - Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Trails and Natural Resources Study Revised Segment 6 Map (PDF)
- April 28, 2012 Trail Survey Results (PDF)
- May 2, 2012 Trail Survey Results (PDF)
Workshops & Update Meetings
- January 15, 2013 Update Presentation (PDF)
- March 19, 2013 Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- July 22, 2014 Parks and Recreation Commission Update (PDF)
- Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting Agendas and Minutes can be found here
Trail Studies & Other Resources