Upcoming Events with Road Closures
2018 Upcoming Downtown Events with Road Closures
To receive notifications regarding upcoming events in Downtown Morgan Hill with road closures, please sign up here.
- Morgan Hill Running Festival (Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k and 5k)
- This event is scheduled for Sunday, October 21, 2018.
- There are no road closures for this event. However, there may be traffic delays along the route. For additional information about the routes, please visit http://www.mhmarathon.com/
- Safe Trick or Treat
- The annual Safe Trick or Treat event is scheduled for Wednesday, October 31, 2018. The event will take place from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. This event is hosted by the Morgan Hill Downtown Association.
- The event will take place on Monterey Road between Main Avenue and Dunne Avenue.
- Road closures will begin at 3:00 PM on Wednesday, October 31, 2018. Roads closed will include Monterey Road between Main Avenue and Dunne Avenue, and side streets including 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th on both sides of Monterey Road. Side streets will be closed to through traffic, residents will have access. All roads will be open by 10:00 PM on Wednesday, October 31, 2018.
- The parking structure will remain open during the event.
- Morgan Hill Veteran's Run
- The annual Veteran's Day Run is scheduled for Sunday, November 11th. This event is hosted by Morgan Hill Freedom Fest. The event will start and end in Downtown Morgan Hill.
- Morgan Hill Police Department will be assisting with traffic control in Downtown. Please anticipate some delays in Downtown Morgan Hill between the hours of 7:00 AM and noon.
- Holiday Lights Parade
- The annual Holiday Lights Parade is scheduled for Saturday, December 1, 2018. This event is hosted by Kiwanis Morgan Hill.
- The parade will stage on Depot Street and will proceed down Monterey Road from 1st Street to the Community and Cultural Center.
- Road Closures will begin at 4pm and streets will reopen by 9:30pm. Depot Street, Monterey Road, and all side streets between Depot and Monterey Road, including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Streets. The parking garage will be open for parking. Entrance and Exit from the parking garage will not be available from 5pm-7pm when the parade is taking place.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Procession
- The annual Our Lady of Guadalupe Procession is scheduled for Sunday, December 9th. This event is hosted by St. Catherine Church.
- This event does not include a road closure, but there may be traffic delays between 11am and noon while the procession is escorted from the Community and Cultural Center through Downtown Morgan Hill and back to St. Catherine Church on Peak Avenue.
- Mushroom Mardi Gras
- The 2018 Mushroom Mardi Gras is scheduled for May 26-27, 2018.
- Setup and road closures will begin on Friday, May 25th at 5:00 pm. Road closures include Depot Street between Main Avenue and Dunne Avenue, and the side streets of East 2nd, East 3rd, East 4th, and East 5th. Monterey Road will remain open.
- Access to the parking structure will remain open with access from Monterey Road.
- Residents of East 1st, East 2nd, East 3rd, East 4th, and East 5th streets will have vehicle access to their homes during event hours, from Monterey Road. Proof of residency will be required to gain access through the road closure.
- 70,000 participants are expected over the weekend.
- National Night Out
- The annual National Night Out event is scheduled for Tuesday, August 7th. The event takes place from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. This event is hosted by the Morgan Hill Police Department.
- The event will take place on Depot Street between 2nd and 5th streets. The event will also use the parking lot South of Railroad Park and the parking lot North of Jonty's.
- Road closures will be closed beginning at 2:00 PM on Tuesday, August 7th. Roads will reopen by 9:00 PM.
- The parking structure will remain open. Side streets will remain open, with access from Monterey Road. Monterey Road will remain open. Residents of East Third Street will have access to their driveways.
- Morgan Hill Freedom Fest
- The annual Morgan Hill Freedom Fest events are scheduled for Tuesday, July 3rd and Wednesday, July 4th.
- Tuesday, July 3rd: Beginning at noon:
Monterey between Dunne and Main, including partial side streets of 1st-5th on the East and West side of Monterey Road. This road closure will remain in place until approximately 3:00 PM on Wednesday, July 4th.
- Tuesday, July 3rd beginning at midnight:
Monterey between Dunne and Main, including side streets of 1st-5th, Depot between Dunne and Main, Main to Peak, Peak to Dunne, Dunne to Monterey and Monterey to Main. Keystone between Main and Monterey will also be closed. This road closure will remain in place until approximately 3:00 PM on Wednesday, July 4th.
- Wednesday, July 4th: Beginning at noon:
Northbound Condit Road, closed at the Aquatics Center. This closure will remain in place until 11:30 PM.
- Wednesday, July 4th: Beginning at 9:00 PM:
Condit Road from Dunne to Tennant, Murphy Avenue closed between Barrett and Dunne, and Barrett Avenue closed from Hill to Condit. These closures will remain in place until approximately 11:30 PM.
- For more information or details, please visit https://www.morganhillfreedomfest.com/#events.
- Bike Therapy Bike Swap
- Bike Therapy will host a bike swap meet on Sunday, September 9th at the parking lot on Depot Street located just North of Jonty's.
- This event is open to the public and the parking lot will be closed from 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM for the event. No roads will be closed for this event.
- Taste of Morgan Hill
- The annual Taste of Morgan Hill event is scheduled for September 29th and September 30th. This event is hosted by the Morgan Hill Chamber of Commerce.
- The event will take place on Monterey Road between East Dunne and Main. Additional closures will include: East and West 1st Street, East and West 2nd Street, East 3rd Street at the parking structure (There will not be through traffic but residents will have access from Depot Street), East 4th Street at Monterey Road (Parking structure will remain open), East and West 5th Street at Monterey Road, West 3rd Street at Del Monte, and West 4th and West 5th Streets at Monterey Road.
- Road closures will begin at 9:00 PM on Friday, September 28th. Roads will be open by 10:00 PM on Sunday, September 30th.
- Downtown Association Brew Crawl
- This event is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th in downtown Morgan Hill.
- There is no road closure for this event. However, the event will be utilizing the Plaza out front of the Parking Structure in Downtown on East Third. For event details, please visit http://www.morganhilldowntown.org/
- British Fall Classic
- The annual British Fall Classic event is scheduled for Sunday, October 14th. This event is hosted by On the Road Again Classics.
- The event will take place on Monterey Road between Main Avenue and 4th Street. The closure will include side streets from Monterey Road, residents will have access on the East side of Monterey Road from Depot and the West side of Monterey Road from Del Monte.
- Road closures will begin at 7:00 AM on October 14th and will be open by 4:00 PM on October 14th.