Housing Resources & Renter/Homeowner Information
Changes to eviction protections take effect on April 1, 2022. Check the status of your emergency rental assistance application. Prepare to pay rent starting in April 2022 while waiting for your application status.
Stay informed by going to HousingIsKey.com. Informational flyers available in English and Spanish. You may also call 833-430-2122. If you need help checking the status of your application or starting a new application, visit SCCRentHelp.org or call 408-808-7770.
Morgan Hill Moratorium on Residential Rent Increases Expired August 14, 2021.
On April 8, 2020, the City of Morgan Hill enacted a moratorium on residential rent increases that prohibits landlords from increasing rents from the rates in place on March 1, 2020.
Eviction Moratoriums for Santa Clara County and California
Santa Clara County and the State of California eviction moratoriums have expired and the rental assistance and eviction protections are no longer available through the State of California's CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program. For available information, go to https://housing.ca.gov or call 1-833-430-2112. The Federal Rent Moratorium expired on October 3, 2021. For information on that, please visit the Center for Disease Control's website.
Tenant and Landlord Resources
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Program - Program is No Longer Accepting Applications
The State of California had statewide CA COVID-19 Rent Relief application-based program stopped accepting applications on March 31, 2022. Current housing-related information: Housingiskey.com or via a toll-free phone number 833-430-2112. Visit SCCRentHelp.org or call 408-808-7770 for additional assistance.
Project Sentinel & Law Foundation of Silicon Valley
Both Project Sentinel and the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley have informational sites available in multiple languages that tenants and landlords can use to manage their interactions. Are you a tenant who has received a termination notice for eviction? Contact the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley:
Additional Local and State Resources for Residential Tenants
- United Way has a “Text RentSOS to 211-211” campaign to help renters/tenants understand their rights under the new law and access resources to ensure they can stay housed. Click here for more information.
- Sacred Heart Community Service has created a chatbot that can walk tenants through their rights, responsibilities, and options: Sacred Heart Chatbot.
- The County of Santa Clara has created a rental assistance page here.
- The State of California has a landlord/tenant “Housing is Key” website that provides resource information and FAQs.
- Rental Advantage Newsletter in both English and Spanish (PDF).
- Santa Clara County's Homelessness Prevention System: preventhomelessness.org.
- Santa Clara County's Office of Supportive Housing has contracted with the Bill Wilson Center (BWC) to implement a centralized shelter hotline, details in the County's Oct. 2021 announcement.
- Office of Cultural Competency - Universal Access Pilot
The Office of Cultural Competency Universal Access Program (UAP) is a collaborative model with FIRST 5, County of Santa Clara agencies, Santa Clara County Office of Education, Alum Rock Unified School District, Franklin McKinley School District, and other nonprofit partners. Universal Access partners are committed to cross-system coordination and integration in service to family navigation that is culturally-responsive and applies a whole child, whole family approach where all doors lead to support. You can access the most current resource information via this portal.
- Rebuilding Together - Rebuilding Together is committed to helping the community; visit the Rebuilding Together web page for more information.
Additional Housing Resources
|City of Morgan Hill Unhoused Specialist||Brian Malicdememail@example.com|
Available when we call to outreach, but also makes regular visits to check on homeless and offer services
|Morgan Hill "Focus" Safe Park||Fresia Rodriguez|
Safe Park is open to families or single women
|Silicon Valley Strong||Mollie Tobiasfirstname.lastname@example.org||siliconvalleystrong.org|
Regional site with links to resources, volunteers, and links to volunteer opportunities
|Destination Home Rental Assistance Fund||Sacred Heart||408-780-9134||sacredheartcs.org/|
|Salvation Army Rental Assistance||Family Services Dept|
General Rental, Mortgage and Deposit Assistance
|St. Vincent DePaul||Carol Lilligemail@example.com|
Emergency Rent and Bill Assistance, Emergency Hotel Vouchers