- Development Services
- Environmental Review
- Residential Projects
- Monterey-City Ventures (The Gates)
Monterey-City Ventures (The Gates)
Project Number: GPA2021-0005/ZA2021-0006/SD2021-0006/EA2021-0016
Mixed-Use project consisting of five commercial flex units and 49 townhome-style condominiums on a 3.82-acre site. The project site would be accessed off southbound Monterey Road and also via the intersection of Monterey Road and Cochrane Road. The site will include internal private streets, walkways, and parking to provide access to residences and the proposed commercial spaces.
The proposal includes a General Plan Amendment from Commercial to Mixed Use Flex, a Zoning Amendment from Planned Unit Development and General Commercial to Mixed Use Flex, and a Tentative Parcel Map.
The property, identified by Assessor Parcel Numbers 764-10-013 and 764-10-015, are located on the southwest quadrant of Monterey Road and Cochrane Road.
To sign up for notifications and updates on this project, select the "Notify Me" link below:
- Notify Me (HTML)
Project Plans and Specifications
- Architecture Drawings (pdf)
- Vesting Tentative Map and Civil Drawings (pdf)
- Landscaping Plans (pdf)
- Turning Templates (pdf)
Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration with Appendices
- Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Public Review Draft (pdf)
- Appendix A - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Modeling Results (pdf)
- Appendix B - Biological Assessment and Arborist Report (pdf)
- Appendix C - Geotechnical Investigation (pdf)
- Appendix D - Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment (pdf)
- Appendix E - Preliminary Stormwater Control Plan (pdf)
- Appendix F - Floodplain impact Memorandum (pdf)
- Appendix G - Noise Analysis and Facade Acoustical Analysis (pdf)
- Appendix H - Trip Generation and Operations Analysis/Vehicle Miles Traveled Assessment (pdf)
- Errata to Initial Study (pdf)
- Mitigation and Monitoring and Reporting Program (pdf)
- Notice of Intent (pdf)
City Council Hearing
The City Council conducted a public hearing on February 15, 2023. The City Council voted in favor 4-1-0-0 to adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, approve the amendment to the General Plan land use designation with an amendment to add a Memorandum of Understanding be executed to ensure the project is developed as a mixed-use project, waive the first and second readings of the Zoning Amendment Ordinance, and introduce the Ordinance.
Planning Commission Hearing
The City of Morgan Hill prepared an Initial Study (IS) to evaluate the environmental impacts of the project identified below, as required by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). As mandated by State Law, the review period for this document is 30 (thirty) days. Based upon the conclusions set forth in the IS, the City of Morgan Hill proposes to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration.
The Planning Commission reviewed the project at their regularly scheduled public hearing on December 13, 2022, and accepted public comment on the proposed project. the Planning Commission voted 6-0-0-1 to approve Resolution No. 22-23 and Resolution No. 22-24 recommending the City Council adopt the Mitigated Negative Declaration and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program, and also recommending the City Council approve the General Plan land use and Zoning Map designation.
More information can be found on the Monterey-City Ventures (The Gates) Project Page (html)